Elburn & Countryside Headquarters Fire Station
David Merilatt, Joe Hainaut, and Robert Chrachol
WT Group’s MEP Engineering provided HVAC, Plumbing, Electrical and Sprinkler Engineering services for the 40,000 square foot, two-story Elburn and Countryside Fire Protection District’s new Headquarters Facility.
- Schematic Design
- Design Development
- Construction Document
- Bidding and Negotiations
- Construction Administration
- Project Closeout
- The basement contains a public education room, training room, fitness room and a “museum” where the public can view artifacts and photos from the districts history.
- The first floor encompasses offices, break and conference rooms along with the apparatus bays and gear turnouts.
- The second floor holds 15 bunkrooms, kitchen, lockers and shower areas for the firefighters.
- A unique addition to this firehouse is the replacement of the traditional fire pole with a red slide. The slide starts at the living quarters and ends at the apparatus bay.
Mechanical System Incorporates:
- An in-slab hot water radiant heated floor in apparatus bay, as well as an exterior snow melt.
- The first floor is conditioned by variable air volume (VAV) system with hot water reheat, which provides individual temperature control in each zone.